Sunday, August 23, 2009

Let's just get this out of the way now.

Ok, so.... I like Twilight. *cringe* BUT WAIT!! Don't stop reading just yet. I am not, I repeat, am NOT one of those ridiculous Twilight fans that I like to call Twi-tards. For example, you would not see me in this following picture at any point in time, for anything Twilight related anyway.



I'm not too sure of the context behind what is going on in this picture, but I can only assume it had something to do with the appearance of one of the cast members from the Twilight films. Most are wearing t-shirts emblazoned with either 'Team Edward' or 'Team Jacob' or some other Twilight shirt. At Comic Con I even saw groups of grown ass women dressed like this! In my opinion..... it's just flat out embarassing! Yes, the books are great. I was hooked. I read them all in a day a piece because I couldn't put them down. Which I guess brings up the point that I was a late bloomer when it comes to Twilight fandom. I have had the first book for over 2 years, and just never got around to reading it and then finally got around to it and loved it. Yes, I like the movie. But it isn't the best thing I've ever seen. Yes, Robert Pattinson is attractive, in the movie but not in real life. But I will NOT ever be found in a screaming group of girls going APE-SHIT because Taylor Lautner has just taken his shirt off in the 5 minute clip they showed at Comic Con......... I will spare you the video, it might make your ears bleed.

I will admit, I was kind of excited to see the new footage at the panel in Hall H, but it was ruined by the fact that I could not HEAR over everyone's SCREAMING. And when Tim Burton was onstage during the previous panel he mentioned something about Edward being one of his favorites, as in Edward Fucking Scissorhands and there was even a commotion then! It was totally, and utterly ridiculous!

I hate all the ravenous, stupid Twilight girls. I am not one of them. I am a girl, and I am a Twilight fan, but a Twitard I am not. I refuse to see New Moon on opening night because of those girls. I might need to wait a week or so. And when I'm excited about a movie I always see it on opening night whenever possible, if not a midnight showing.

Now, if this was Star Wars related, and say..... Harrison Ford appeared, it would be an entirely different story.

No comments: